Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Is God's Wrath Upon Us?



A quick word before I begin. While this is a long post, I feel it's highly important, and it's my prayer that you'll take time to read it. Please leave your comments below. I love hearing from my readers!


iStock Photo ~ Senden the Clouds by Elephante
On September 9, 2001, I was sitting in our home office reading headlines on the computer screen, grieved by the blaring sins of our nation. "Lord," I asked, " how long will you tarry with us?" In that moment, I felt a deep need to write an article in hopes of helping American's see their need to turn from evil before God's judgment fell upon our land.  

Two days later, the morning of September 11, 2001, my husband walked out of the bedroom after kissing me goodbye before heading off to work, and the phone rang. I picked up the receiver to the frantic voice of a woman from my home Bible study group. "A jetliner flew into one of the twin towers in New York City. What's happening!" 

"What?" I said, still not fully awake. 

"It looks like another plane is headed towards the other tower! Hurry, turn on your TV."  

I jumped out of bed and ran into the family room and did as she said. As the screen came to life, hands to my mouth, I stared in horror at the inferno. Smoke billowed into the heavens from the tower as if from a giant volcano. Debris. Papers. Ashes. Soot, fell from the sky, overtaking people on the street below, chasing others like a huge grey monster. People were crying and screaming, running, glancing back in disbelief. 

I stood in shock, weeping. Was our entire nation under attack? It was too soon to know. What I did know was that I didn't want my husband to go to work and leave me alone. I ran out to the garage and yelled, "We're under attack! They hit New York!"  

As he watched the horrors unfold, he made up his mind that the enemy wasn't going to keep him from his job. "If I stay home, they've won!" 

Heart racing and filled with fear, I pleaded with him to stay home with me.  

"If everyone stays home, think what that will do to our economy." I knew he was right, but it didn't alleviate my fears. I trusted God, but never had I experienced such tragedy. 

Remembering the article I had planned to write only two days before, hit me. The sin of our nation has caught up to us. This is God's judgment. It shook me to the core. 

Some, even Christians, with disdain tinged words have said, "A loving God wouldn't do/allow that!" 

Really? 

Before I share why I believe the Lord allowed terrorists to strike our nation, in which I also hope to enlighten those who say, "If God is so loving, why did/does He allow evil to happen?",  let me say this. For millennia people have blamed God for every bad/sad incident under the sun. Yet it is God who loves us, and he is long-suffering. I ask you to place blame where it belongs … on the enemy of our souls. 

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly," John 10:10 (all scriptures taken from the ESV). 

Now, on to why I believe God's wrath fell upon the US. Proverbs 14: 34 tells us, "Righteousness exalts a nation, but sin is a reproach to any people." God's wrath has always been against those who do evil. We see this throughout history; Egypt's destruction – Exodus 15:4, 7, The great plague – numbers 11:33, Israel's wanderings – Numbers 32:10-13, Withholding of rain – Deuteronomy 11:17, Trouble – Psalm 90:7, Man's death – Psalm 90:9.  

And his coming wrath … Jerusalem's destruction – Luke 21:23, 24 and Punishments of hell – Revelation 14:10, Final judgments – Revelation 19:15, Israel's captivity – ll Chronicles 36:16 (Strong's Concordance  on Wrath of God – C). 

After 9/11, people flocked to churches, were kinder to one another, were more patient with their fellow man, but within a couple of months, most fell back into their old patterns. Since then, our nation has been on a freefall further into sin. Persecution and hatred for Christians is on the rise. People want God removed from our money. Prayer has been removed largely from sporting events, graduations, etc. 

Romans 2:4-5, encourages us not to presume on the riches of God's kindness and forbearance and patience, and to understand that his kindness is meant to lead us to repentance. It also speaks of his final judgment on those unapologetic for their sins, those whose hearts are hardened. God hates sin, and America is on a slippery slide. 

Headlines from US news reports demonstrate the lifting of his hand of blessing from our nation: "Stifling, Long-Lasting Heat to Grip South Through Late-August", "New Round of Rain May Delay Travel, Trigger Flooding in the Midwest", "Flooding Risk Expands into Mid-Atlantic, South", "Severe Storms Affect Kansas City, Chicago Midweek",  "Norbert's Flooding Strands, Arizona Commuters", and on and on.

I never wrote that article after 9/11, but lately I've been wondering how long the Lord will tarry with us before tragedy strikes America again? This time I'm sounding the alarm. Especially with people fearing an attack by ISIS on American soil. I'm praying that I'll handle an attack differently next time and not panic.  

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe," Proverbs 18:10.  

What about you?  

This blog isn't meant to be a fear tactic but will hopefully open your eyes to truth. 

 

Lord, forgive us our sins and the sins of our nation. Open our eyes to truth. Your truth, that we would turn from our evil ways and turn back to you while we can. We ask this in the precious name of Jesus. Amen.

 

Blessings, Beloved,

Danie Marie

 

PS  I'm praying for you…

10 comments:

  1. Amen, Danie Marie! Our small group has been doing a verse-by-serve study of Revelation for a year, and I'm more convinced than ever that God's patience is growing thin. Oh, that America would turn back to God!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sweet friend, and I felt such an urgency to get this written and posted that I was up until 2:30 am. I wonder what God is up to. All I know is this, I want to be ready for whatever befalls us, and to encourage others to do the same.

      Love & Blessings,
      Danie

      Delete
  2. Well said, Danie. May the Lord have mercy on our country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Lori. I pray that too, but seeing how far we've fallen, unless we as Christians turn back to our first love, we have little hope of bringing the changes needed in our nation. Lord help us! Thank you for stopping by, new friend!

      Blessings,
      Danie

      Delete
  3. I feel the same way, Danie. I know God will only put up with so much. We as Christians have not stood up to the evil that has slowly been invading our culture. It may seem harmless at first, but so did Eve's sin that changed humanity. I pray this isn't the precursor to God's wrath upon our nation. Thank you for sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carol! I know, but I beleive 9/ll showed us that His hand is already off our nation, and we have fallen so much farther into sin, that I believe it will take a powerful revival if we are to see His blessings on our land again.

      Love you Sister!
      Danie

      Delete
  4. 2 Chronicles 7:14King James Version (KJV)
    If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

    Thirty years ago, I was in a prayer breakfast group where the leader said she envisioned a heavy black cloud hovering over our nation's capitol, and the pillars that kept it from lowering onto the capitol were the prayers of the faithful. I've watched our prayer pillars weaken and wobble as the cloud lowers further and further.

    We need to be on our knees for every person in government, that they will become sensitive to the Holy Spirit and be wooed to His side. In addition, we must pray for the hearts of the lost to be turned to the Lord, for the societal pressure of secular humanism to be lifted, for the reign of God to begin in more and more hearts.

    Lacking this renewal of prayer, I foresee only the deepening and lowering of this black cloud and believe it is only a matter of short time before the entire nation is undone. We were founded as a Christian nation. If we adulterate that purpose, we have no chance to survive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Judith, I so agree! Your comments are well stated. God has been opening the eyes of more and more Christians to this truth. We are going under fast, and our only lifeboat is prayer, and Christians who are willing to speak truth into the lives of those who are lost.

      God bless you sister/new friend!

      Delete
  5. If you are in His hands, you can't be plucked out. However, "in this world you will have tribulation", and surly, before the end, all will. Judgments have been determined, and will come to pass. No nation will stand untouched when He returns, and I believe that that return is soon. I also believe that there are some things that have to come to pass first, and that Christians will see the Hand of God as He fulfills His promises to a world that literally hates Him. Then, the new morning. Should we pray that God doesn't come back when He plans? I'm sure none of you will say yes. We should be praying for ALL of His sheep to respond to His voice, and then the end. Our Blessed Hope. Some of us will pass through the fire (Dan12:10), but no one can pluck His redeemed from His hand. Let the peace that passes understanding engulf you. It will.....He promised.......Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen, Mike! So glad you stopped by. Many Christians are feeling the same way we do, and just yesterday, I was pondering the ideas you shared, "Should we pray that God doesn't come back when He plans?" In the OT we see evidence that God withheld his hand of judgement, but I also believe according to prophesy, that all things must come to pass before He returns. And we are seeing evidence of that; anti-semitism is on the rise around the world (even in CA), the Jewish people are preparing hundreds of priests to be ready when the 3rd temple is built. We are living in exciting times, to be sure. Come, Lord Jesus, come!

      Love & Blessings Dear Friend!
      Danie ;

      Delete

Blogs Danie Follows