Monday, January 28, 2013

He is with Us


That's a fact.

But how often do we acknowledge His presence throughout the day? His omniscience and omnipresence makes some squirm. What we say, what we do, what we think, and what we view, are all open to His scrutiny.

Misled Christians see God strictly as a judge, ready to cut them down if they misstep, forgetting that He is a loving and gracious Father.

His presence with us ought to give us courage. Courage to face the world with certainty that nothing touches us apart from his permissive will. The trials we face are for our refining. They shape our character … for better or worse.

Too often people blame God for life's challenges. When life slaps them and drags them down, they point the proverbial finger at Him, saying, "You did this" or "If you're supposed to be so loving, why did you let this happen?" Blaming God is a choice we make that leads to a pit of despair.

All the while the Lord patiently waits for us to turn to Him, to seek Him and learn from Him.

His ways are just and right and true.

He is our comforter.

He is a loving Father, watching over His little ones with care and concern. Let's run to our Abba, our Daddy, when we're bruised and cut by life. He's waiting and listening for our cries for help.

His constant presence with us is a gift that can make all of life's moments meaningful. It's our choice.

What will you choose today?

 

Psalm 139:23-24 ~ "Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me an know my thoughts, and  see if there is any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting."

 
l Peter 5:10-11 ~ "And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. To him be the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

 
Loving Lord, thank you for watching over us. We run to you oh God, and seek your face. Make our moments count for you today, that we glorify you, in Jesus name. Amen.

 

Love & Blessings Friends ~ Danie Marie

6 comments:

  1. It is so comforting to know that the Lord is always there to comfort us, not judge us. Thanks, Danie Marie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, your are so right! And you're welcome, sweet friend.

    Love ~ Danie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I remember as a young girl asking my mother why the preacher always pounds his fist and yells at us. In my mind, God was like that--the mad, mean man in the sky who couldn't wait to catch us doing wrong.

    What a joy--and a surprise--to learn that He loves us and died for us. How could we NOT praise and thank Him?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen Vonda, and I'm so glad you came to know Him as a loving Father.

    Love ~ Danie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Danny,
    Well written and a hard topic to address. Many times I have asked the Lord why He made my life as it was. Why couldn't I have the perfect this that or the other like others. Then the Spirt reminded me of the scripture in Jeremiah, " Can the clay say to the Potter, 'Why have you made me thus?'" So you are right. To yield and surrender, to give the ashes and to receive beauty beyond all our imagination...that is His comfort and I am a witness of His glory. Halellujah!
    I love you, Danny
    Margie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margie ~ I miss you girlie! Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. I so appreciate it, and you.

    I love you too, Margie!
    Danie

    ReplyDelete

Blogs Danie Follows