Monday, June 22, 2020

LET'S TALK ABOUT ANGELS ~ Part 1


Welcome, friends. Did you know the subject of angels is widely abused? Over the years we've had TV shows like Touched by an Angel which ran from 1994 - 2003, a program I admittedly, enjoyed. And how could I forget Highway to Heaven (1984 – 1989). A more recent show aired called The Good Place. Angels are also the subject in movies, as in Fallen (2017)

I've heard it said in real life, on TV, or in movies, so and so "got their wings." Hmm. Where does this idea come from? Is it simply to make someone feel good about losing a loved one or accomplishing a good deed? I've also heard a parent tell their child after one parent died, Daddy/Mommy's an angel, now.

Several years ago a friend stopped by for a visit. She told me she couldn't remember the road to my house—and said that she was forgetting things. I highly encouraged her to see a doctor. They found she had an inoperable brain tumor. I journeyed with her through that difficult trial until the Lord took her home. 
SHUTTERSTOCK - 19203

Shortly after she passed, a friend stopped me in the foyer of our church, and said, "You were such a blessing to Debbie (name changed). I just know she's going to be watching over you. She's your guardian angel, now." What? I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Incredulous, I shook my head, letting her know I didn't agree with her.

"You watch," she said. "You'll see." Unfortunately, I've not had a chance to ask why she believes this teaching. I ask anyone who believe this, to show me in the Bible where it teaches when we die, we become an angel. Trust me. You won't find it, because it isn't there. Knowing that my Lord and Savior watches over me is more than enough. The Holy Scripture teach us that which is true about angels.

"Daniel is the first biblical figure to refer to individual angels by name, mentioning Gabriel (God's primary messenger) in Daniel 9:21 and Michael (the holy fighter) in Daniel 10:13…. In Genesis 18 – 19, angels not only acted as the executors of God's wrath against the cities of the plain, but they delivered Lot from danger; in Exodus 32:34, God said to Moses; 'My angel shall go before thee.'" (https://en.m.wiwipedia.org).

In reference to guardian angels, Hebrews 1:14 says, "Are they not all ministering spirits, sent to minister for them, who shall receive the inheritance of salvation?" In other words, they minister to those who are saved. For more information, look up "angels" in a Strong's Exhaustive Concordance of the Bible.

Instead of giving false information about angels, let's speak the Truth in love—God wants our focus to be on Him, not on beings created by Him.


Lord, I ask that you deliver us from anything that is not of you and that doesn't bring you glory. In Jesus name, amen.


May God Richly Bless You ~ Danie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogs Danie Follows