Friday, May 29, 2020

HAND WRINGERS

I've been absent for a long while, surgeries, and health issues and such, plus working on writing and editing my novels. But I've missed not sitting alongside you and chatting over a cup of tea in my parlor. It's never too late to start anew, so find a comfy spot, and let me share with you something that's been bothering me. "Worry"—Wait! It just hit me. I'm bothered by worry! LOL Perhaps it would be better said that I find worriers bothersome.

Do you know any worrywarts? If you've ever had a wart or seen a wart on someone, they aren't very becoming. Worriers aren't becoming either. In fact, when someone tells me they're worried about me, I want to shout, "Stop! Please.

"Don't worry on my account. I don't want any part of your worry." For what good comes from worrying? Nothing. It's a waste of precious time.

Philippians 4:6 admonishes us, "…do not be anxious about anything." The word "anything" covers a broad range, doesn't it, and it seems impossible not to worry or be filled with anxiety. In the flesh it is impossible. But with God, all things are possible (Phil. 4:13). Wouldn't you prefer a person offer to pray for you? "The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. James 5:16b."

Circumstances slip in and try to make us worry--if we let them. But heed these words, "…casting all your cares on Him, because he cares for you, 1 Peter 5:7, ESV." In the study section of my bible, it says, "Worry is a form of pride," and there's something I've noticed about those who verbalize their worry. Where is their focus? I'll give you a clue. It has to do with the first word that comes out of their mouth.—"I…" or "I'm…" I hadn't thought of it until now, but worry is a selfish act/action.

Haven't we all been there? A couple Sundays ago, I watched three church services on T.V. All three taught about the negative aspects of worry. Pastor Adrian Rogers said, "Worry is actually atheistic." Why? Worry and anxiety are in opposition to faith and trust. Webs of worry can also lead to fear, and the Lord admonishes us not to be afraid.

Jonathan Cahn in his Sapphires devotional said, "Let go of things, issues, the flesh, and the world. Live, walk, and think by the Spirit and you won't be burdened or filled with anxiety anymore." It's a choice. Let's choose prayer over worry and experience the difference it can make in our lives, and in the lives of others.

Thanks for joining me today, I'd love to hear from you. If you have a subject you'd like me to talk about, please let me know. I'll do my best, and with God's help we'll learn together.


Lord, bless my friend today. Enfold them in your peace that passes understanding. Be their comfort. Help them look past their troubles, and encourage them by your Holy Word. May they know you as the God who sees, and understands. If they're bound by worry, I ask that you break that yoke of sin, that they would be free from bondage. In Jesus name, amen.

Blessings ~ Danie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogs Danie Follows