Thursday, July 11, 2013

How Do We Deny Jesus?

SXC - " The wide path or the narrow path" by Renaudeh
This morning during my quiet time, I read about Peter's denial of Jesus in the devotional Heaven Calling. The prayer at the end of the devotion grabbed my attention. "God, forgive me when I deny you in what I say – and in my silence. Strengthen my faith."

I wondered if in some way I deny Jesus. While I don't remember ever denying the Lord outright, never had I considered that I deny him in my silence when I should witness to others about his mercy and grace.

I searched my heart for other ways in which I deny him. What an eye-opener. Negative comments or negative thinking or simply not trusting the Lord are ways in which I deny Him and His power. Or when I have a critical or judgmental spirit. Yikes!

I had two surgeries June 19th on my left hand, a joint placement on my middle finger, and repair of the basal joint with a tendon from my arm. Before the surgery my finger was bent, and tweaked out to the side at the middle joint. It had been getting worse for a few wears, deformed, due to degenerative arthritis. I still wear a cast to protect my thumb. It comes off on the 19th. Yay!

Although many have been praying for me, I became discouraged. I could barely straighten my finger during therapy. Not the progression I was hoping for at the time. The Lord whispered, "Do you trust me?" It stopped me in my tracks. I was humbled. Yes, Lord.
 
The next day He amazed me. I could straighten my finger much more. I was progressing after all, both physically and spiritually--yep, I'm still learning to trust Him.

Have you ever thought of similar actions as a denial of Christ in your life?
 
We're just as guilty as Peter was, aren't we. And yet, the Lord forgave him, and He forgives us. All we have to do is ask, and trust Him to help us to change. 

Thank God were still in training, and one day we will be made perfect just as He is. Thank you Jesus.
 
 
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion,' says my soul, therefore I will hope in him," (Lamentations 3:27).

 Lord, convict us of ways in which we deny you. Bind the spirit of fear and us, in the name of Jesus, that we become bold witnesses to your glory.

Love & Blessings,
Danie Marie

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Sobering realizations, aren't they? So glad He grants us His Grace as be progress on the path He has for each of us. Good post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, what happened to the common I sent? Will try again.

      Hi sweet sis, thanks much for stopping by, and yes, I'm so thankful for the Lord's un-ending mercy and grace!

      Love & Blessings,
      Danie Marie

      Delete
  2. Such a great reminder! Thank you for sharing your story and faith. Best wishes on your continued journey with the Lord and healing.

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sylvia, it seems I have a new friend! You're welcome and, welcome to my blog. Thank you so much for commenting. By the way … love your hat!

      Love & Blessings,
      Danie Marie

      Delete
  3. Great post, Danie. We tend to get ahead of the Lord, and when things don't go according to our time frame, we do deny His love, power, mercy, etc. What an awesome God we serve! Thank you for reminding us of that everlasting love He has for us. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're welcome, and thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment. :) Our God is great!

    Blessings ~ Danie

    ReplyDelete

Blogs Danie Follows