Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Meet the Author

Welcome to Danie Marie’s Musings…

Thanks so much for stopping by. Writing for me happened quite by accident. I got an ‘A’ on a poem I wrote for an English assignment in Jr. High and started dabbling in poetry, something I had never done before. In high school, my English teacher gave us an assignment to write a short story. Once again, I got an ‘A’.

She read my story to the class and the boy next to me asked, “How’d you do that?” I shrugged my shoulders. “I don’t know. I just did what she said.” And that was the end of my writing.

I thought.

In the early 90’s, while laid up with a badly broken ankle, I felt God calling me to write for Him.

Since then I successfully completed two courses with Long Ridge Writers Group: Breaking into Print, and Shape, Write, and Sell Your Novel, with a dozen articles published in the Christian Quarterly, a regional newspaper in the Redding area of California, and in Alliance Life. One of my short stories garnered first place in Linda’s Heart online Christmas Short Story contest, and another won third in Fire by Night’s online contest.

I’m the critique moderator for Christian Writers Guild, Inc., and a member of Inspire Christian Writers Group in El Dorado Hills, CA.

I’ve written three novellas, a novel and countless articles. Blogging is a great way to expand my writing and minister to women, which is my goal whether I’m writing or speaking.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Danie, I'm in the process of enrolling in the LRWG: Breaking into Print course and would love to get your recommendations on an instructor at the school. I want to work with someone who has experience in writing for a Christian audience.

    ReplyDelete

Blogs Danie Follows